Our fantasy football tips Gameweek 16 captain choices are here to give you guidance in selecting both your skipper and a handy vice-captain!
Just as Sergio Agüero looked like being this year’s Suárez, he goes down with an injury that could keep him out for some weeks.
So, who now for your fantasy captain’s armband? Let’s do this top 5 countdown style…
MORE FANTASY FOOTBALL TIPS:
- Fantasy Premier League tips Gameweek 16: Goalkeepers
- Fantasy Premier League tips Gameweek 16: Defenders
- Fantasy Premier League tips Gameweek 16: Midfielders
- Fantasy Premier League tips Gameweek 16: Forwards
Here we go…
5. Diego Costa, Chelsea (forward)
Home to Hull could be a deceptively tricky game for Chelsea – such is their adeptness at parking the bus that they’ve drawn at Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool this season – but if anyone’s to pierce the Tiger’s obstinate back line, Costa’s a decent bet.
4. Alexis Sánchez, Arsenal (midfielder)
Home to Newcastle is hardly a straightforward fixture, especially with the Magpies flying and Gunners struggling, but Sánchez looks like scoring virtually every game at the moment.
3. Eden Hazard, Chelsea (forward)
Has scored in each of his last four home games and will likely be relied upon to unlock Hull’s massed defence at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
2. Yaya Touré, Manchester City (midfielder)
Three goals in four games suggest Touré is back in contention as a fantasy essential, so you could do worse than back him to score again at bottom-of-the-table Leicester this weekend.
1. Robin van Persie, Manchester United (forward)
Would appear to be back to something approaching his best if his two goals and all-round performance at Southampton the other night are anything to go by. This weekend he faces a woefully out of form Liverpool at Old Trafford.
Good luck and happy selecting!
NOW! IMPROVE YOUR SIDE: