Aside from the 5 goals and the £55m forward, the highlight of yesterday’s World Cup play-off tie was the Jordan Suárez banner brought by fans of the Middle-Eastern kingdom to their clash with Uruguay.
The Uruguayans may have run away with a 5-0 victory, but the real winners were the Jordanian supporters and their wonderful Suárez banner.
Apparently fearing the worst, the Jordan fans appeared to have resorted to creative measures in order to help their team overcome the South Americans and displayed a Suárez-based banner in the stands of their local Amman International Stadium in Amman itself, the capital of Jordan.
The reasonably large and professionally put-together creation featured a photo of the now infamous Suárez biting incident alongside a request of “Suarez, Don’t Bite!”, signed “Al-Nashama”.
It may just have done enough to distract the controversial biter, since he didn’t manage to get a goal and missed a great chance to open the scoring inside the first 5 minutes of the game but blasted his shot over.
Relive the Luis Suárez bites Branislav Ivanović fun and check out:
- The best Luis Suárez bites Ivanović jokes
- The best #PlayersOnTheSuarezMenu jokes as Suárez bites Ivanović
- The best Suárez to Chelsea & Suárez to Arsenal jokes
- PHOTO: Thai girl bitten by Suárez advertising board
- SKY SPORTS NEWS VIDEO: Young Liverpool fan on Suárez – “sell him, he’s a vampire”
Photo spotted on 101GG