Currently holidaying in Indonesia following England’s disastrous Euro 2016 exit, pictures emerged yesterday of the player heavily bandaged with a nasty-looking facial wound as rumours of a surfing accident and jellyfish sting swirled around social media.
However the club has said that he got “food poisoning during his holiday which resulted in him fainting on Sunday”.
As the 26-year-old is said to be “now feeling fine”, these are the best Chris Smalling food poisoning jokes after he’s hospitalised in Bali:
Even on a hospital bed, Chris Smalling can't let go of other people's shirts. pic.twitter.com/pPEsWLstop
— the MUFC bible (@theMUFCbible) 4 July 2016
That's right, I am Mike, Magic Mike Smalling pic.twitter.com/rmGGJF8mIX
— SemperFiUnited (@SemperFiUnited) 4 July 2016
Not sure if Chris Smalling or Captain Lance Murdock pic.twitter.com/nGNJvBB5KI
— Bleacher Report UK (@br_uk) July 4, 2016
At the Euros, #Eng have the backbone of a jellyfish.
— NOW TV Sport (@NOWTVSport) July 4, 2016
@ManUtd still shit
— Next season = us 1st (@FinallyFirmino) July 4, 2016
Chris Smalling has reportedly suffered 'food poisoning' while on holiday, don't worry you're fine just sign this. pic.twitter.com/LfRc2gWDvp
— Footy Accumulators (@FootyAccums) 4 July 2016
Wonder if Chris Smalling is just the start of a Final Destination-style series of mishaps for England's twenty-two EURO FLOPS this summer.
— Adam Hurrey (@FootballCliches) July 4, 2016
To sum it up, A jellyfish bit Smalling. Smalling then ate said jellyfish, got food poisoning, fainted and hit his head off a surfboard.
— Ab. (@ForzaMundial) July 4, 2016
Cant believe Chris Smalling has been ate by a shark. RIP big man.
— The Daddy (@TheManUtdDaddy) 4 July 2016
So Chris Smalling wasn't stung by a jellyfish. He was however, nutmegged by it twice.
— Rob Summerfield (@RobSummerfield1) July 4, 2016
Big fan of Smalling getting absolutely bladdered on holiday and twatting his head off the pavement… Then blaming it on 'food poisoning'.
— Gaz Drinkwater (@Radio_Gaz) July 4, 2016
Looks like that jellyfish that attacked Chris Smalling was carrying a blade. Bit unfortunate.
— Macca (@The_Paris_Angel) July 4, 2016
Chris Smalling's food poisoning is really bad. Don't eat rocks with your face, kids. pic.twitter.com/qiYLwgo6Hm
— Sam Homewood (@SamHomewood) July 4, 2016
Jose: Are you sure it was food poisoning Chris? Smalling: 100% boss. pic.twitter.com/9h0Im27lR4
— Dave (@Dave797) July 4, 2016
Smalling slipped with the razor when shaping his monobrow pic.twitter.com/o5a7hMG1fT
— Dale (@Dale_MUFC_) July 4, 2016
— Ian (@IanBarr73) July 4, 2016
The only way Chris Smalling done this from 'food poisoning' is if he ate 3 jacket potatoes and ran himself over pic.twitter.com/ywtowqu7Fu
— Emperor Bumblewank (@CapableOfFlight) July 4, 2016
Smalling when he tried to stop a Giroud bullet header pic.twitter.com/pwdljMfG7N
— 6iroud (@6Gooner) July 4, 2016
Chris Smalling has passed away. RIP you will live on forever. really can't believe this. @
— Tom (@ZlatOnPitch) 4 July 2016