Fudge… Could have had Nasri instead
Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri struggling for form in a Manchester City shirt got Football Burp wondering: what else can twenty-five million of Her Majesty’s pounds get you these days? And so, we bring you twenty recent examples of Things That Cost the Same as Samir Nasri…(click on the Things in question to read a bit more about them)…
1. A British donation to UNICEF to provide more rations for 192,000 children and vaccinate more than a million against measles and polio.
2. An FE funding injection aimed at encouraging young people to continue participating in sports after leaving school.
3. The creation of thirty specialist jobs at medical technology company Tissue Regenix, thus enabling further research and development in the field of replacing and repairing human body parts with animal materials.
4. A Picasso portrait of his teenage mistress.
5. The building of more than one thousand “affordable” homes, as per an agreement between the Hyde Group and the Homes and Communities Agency.
6. A growth-enabling investment into solar power firm Enecsys, the “largest private equity fundraising by any European cleantech company to date”.
7. The total cuts to Staffordshire County Council’s budget for the next financial year.
8. An investment from the Energy Technologies Institute into an offshore wind floating system demonstration project which would open up new areas off the coast of the UK and help bring generation costs down.
9. A contract to build a new academic building in the heart of the Newton Park campus at Bath Spa University.
10. A regeneration of Swansea’s High Street involving a new urban village combining high quality retail, office and residential space in the run-down part of the city.
Swansea… Nasri-priced regeneration (Image: Ruth Sharville)
11. Wesley Sneijder (potentially).
12. The South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive’s bid for government funding to further improve the region’s public transport system, including new bus routes, highways improvements, traffic management systems, cycle routes and trials of electric vehicles.
13. The premium hair care brand Fudge.
14. A Responsive Repairs and Void Refurbishment contract awarded to Rydon Maintenance by Network Housing Group.
15. The London flotation of Chargemaster, a manufacturer of electric vehicle charging points.
16. Police elections, according to David Cameron.
17. An advertising account with yoghurt-makers Müller Dairy.
18. A new station at Edinburgh Haymarket that will integrate train, tram, bus and taxi services.
19. The combined cost of a state-of-the-art hangar facility and a new luxury 218-bedroom hotel at the site of East Midlands Airport in Castle Donington.
20. A superyacht-inspired luxury hotel at Ocean Village Marina in Southampton, complete with seventy bedrooms, spa, gym, swimming pool, luxurious restaurant and champagne roof terrace.
Do you know of anything else that cost the same as Samir Nasri? Have your say in the comments section below…